Saturday, March 14, 2009

Live in Texas

Howdy. So I'm in Houston seeing old friends, booking shows and rehearsing. It's a lot of fun. I miss the wife and the cat, and I miss New York a lot, but it's always nice to come back "home".

Have a last-minute booking for a show tonight at Firkin & Phoenix, opening for local band Petesimple. I used to play with Pete a lot while I was living here and it was nice of him to invite me to open for his band. Should be fun.

I have another show in Houston on Monday - playing at The Corkscrew, opening for Austin singer-songwriter Bob Barney. I may have some surprise guests at that show, too.

And finally, I'm playing in Austin during South By Southwest at Guero's annual "South By South Congress" festival. I'm going to have the full band (mostly full, anyway) for that one. I rehearsed with my old drummer Richard yesterday. I haven't played with him in years, but even after showing him some new tunes, it was like we haven't spent a day apart. So good to play with him again.

My bassist Zack will be coming down from New York to play with us in Austin. SHOULD. BE. AWESOME.

In a way, I feel like I haven't left NY. It's been COLD here in Houston. Not "NY cold" but it feels like it because it's not usually this cold down here. So in a way it's been nice, but dammit - I didn't pack for this. I brought two hoodies, so I'm alternating between the two. It's supposed to warm up by Monday!

OK kids. I'll blog about the gigs later. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment