Friday, May 8, 2009

All Apologies

So I didn't blog the whole month of April. Terribly sorry. I know all 0 of you are disappointed.

April was incredibly busy. Plus, Twitter and Facebook statuses took up most of my thoughts. But May is on. I will try to blog as often as possible.

First of all, I promised you a blog about my Austin gig. So here you go ...


Austin was awesome. Not only did I play with Richard Cholakian (drums) for the first time in years, but I got to play my first gig with Zack Foley (vocal bass) and my best friends came in from L.A. to come and support me. Awesome time.

The gig itself was great. It was a bit early (12pm), which made getting high and driving in from Houston in the middle of the night a poor decision, but as soon as we hit the stage, tightness ensued. Richard's such a great pop drummer. He really feels what the songwriter feels and I love playing with him. For those of you that haven't heard or seen Zack play yet, I'm gonna leave the explanation of "vocal bass" as just that ... you have to come see for yourself.

Lots of people came out as Saturday South by Southwest festivities unravelled. I sold quite a few CDs, even signed a couple of autographs. Great experience. Here's my set list:
  • Now
  • Heckle & Hide
  • On the Cusp
  • Untitled (The Man That I Am)
  • Mary
  • Stare (Yeah, Yeah)
Short set, but it was awesome. Then we went off to Salt Lick for the best barbecue on the planet. I love Austin, man. Can't wait to go back.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment