Monday, June 1, 2009

The new plan, Stan

OK, so it's June 1, 2009. Time is fucking flying.

I've decided on a plan for the summer. First and foremost, I gotta get some exercise. I'm at Jack Black status right now and I'd like to get to the new and improved Seth Rogen by summer's end. So running starts NOW ... or, well ... tomorrow.

Gotta start eating better, too. The wife makes healthy, hearty foods every week, but I keep succumbing to my vices ... fast food, sweets, midnight snacks ... OK, midnight MEALS, etc. Gotta start eating better, dammit.

In addition to getting healthier, I really need to finish these two albums I'm working on. I'd like to have November Sessions done by month's end. After that, I'm going to work on an EP called More Sessions, which are tracks that I wrote while writing November Sessions that won't quite make it on the record, but I want to share them with you all anyway, hence the upcoming EP More Sessions. I hope to finish that by mid- to late-July.

My next album 12, made up of the 12 songs I wrote in 12 days in January, will hopefully be finished by the fall ... September or October, methinks.

All these albums will be released on the newly-founded Family Tree Records, a record company my friends at Family Tree Collective and I are starting up. Should be fun fun fun.

And all this while I work on another project: a series of demos that will comprised of songs I'm writing for other people. I'm gonna try and sell out ... I mean, sell some songs to record producers for performers that don't write their own songs. I've been told that I should do it and that I'd be really good at it. So I'm gonna go for it ... and I'm kinda scared/excited/something ... stay tuned.

Just thinking out loud here.

Also, two albums I've been listening to non-stop for the past couple of weeks ... I really think you should give them a try if you haven't already:
And I've been throwing in some Bell Biv DeVoe in between that. Try it out! You won't be sorry!

That's all I got. Happy June!

No comments:

Post a Comment