Saturday, February 28, 2009

Interesting week ...

Good evening. It's been an interesting week. Well, actually it's been a monotonous week as I've still been moving the last batch of crap from the old place. We're finally moved in now, totally out of the other place, keys turned in, etc. ... just a lot of unpacking to do.

But a few things of interest happened. I'll go in chronological order ...

First off, Steven Page has left Barenaked Ladies. This is sad. I love this band. And while I do think Ed Robertson has such a great voice and his songwriting is fresh and clever, I believe that Page is better. It remains to be seen whether BNL will be as good or better without Page (and I'm sure that reasons for the mutual split were in everyone's favor), but one thing's for sure: they'll be different.

My favorite BNL songs are "Some Fantastic," "Conventioneers," "Jane," "Box Set" and "Brian Wilson," all of which are sung by Page (except "Some Fantastic," where the vocals are split between Page and Ed-Ro). So, like I said ... they'll be different. I wish both parties the best of luck.

Secondly, my weekly LOST bit. "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" looked like it was going to be an amazing episode. In fact, most people I've talked to about the ep feel it was the best one so far this season. I disagree. While it was great, I just kind of felt underwhelmed. I feel like Locke's visits to the O6 were too brief. In fact, a lot of what was reported to be said between Locke and the O6 (as alluded to in earlier episodes) wasn't said at all. So unless there were more visits that weren't televised, the writers definitely made some goofs there.

I DO think that the scene when Ben murders Locke was incredible. I mean, it was predictable, but even when it happened, I was a bit surprised. Also, all of Locke's scenes with Abaddon were great. It was nice to finally shed some light on that character. It's interesting that everyone on the plane (other than the O6) landed on the OTHER island (home of the Hydra station). But I wonder if they're in the same "time" as the O6. I don't think they are since the new guy, Caesar, claimed to have seen Hurley "disappear," meaning the O6 time traveled, but Locke, Ben and the other 316 survivors did not.

Next week looks good.

Finally, I'm really upset right now because someone stole my wife's iPod. Just grabbed it out of her hand and ran off like a little bitch. Human nature is sinking me to this level of barely controlable anger. I've got a lot of hate flowing through my veins right now because I just can't tolerate this kind of mess. You just don't fuck with my wife. Had I been with her, there's no telling what I would've done. I probably would've risked being killed, but let's face it ... anyone that would do a thing like probably doesn't have the balls to kill anyway, so if I had hunted the fucker down, I probably would've broken his face.

OK, so sorry ... I just had to get that out. I'm glad the wife is OK, it was a free iPod anyway, so you know ... no biggie. Just a pain in the ass and enough for me to get really really angry at life and people in general. But I'll get over it. Plus, the wife's birthday is next week, so ...

No comments:

Post a Comment