Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Moving, moving, gig, moving, moving ...

I hate moving. I mean, I love moving into a new apartment and having everything all shiny and new, but the actual process of prepping, packing, moving, unpacking, etc., just does not appeal to me in any way whatsoever. And in this current move, it's the most I've done.

We decided to do a lot ourselves since the move is only seven blocks down and one over. We've already painted and cleaned (most of) the apartment, and we've pretty much moved about 35 percent of our stuff to the new place (with a lot of help from my sister, thank you). The movers are coming Friday to move about 50 percent of everything else, and we'll be doing the rest here and there. So, it's almost done ... I just wish it'd be over with. NOW.

I have a gig on Wednesday (today, depending on when you're reading this) at Caffe Vivaldi in the West Village. I'm just playing a couple of songs in this showcase put on by Ten O'Clock Classics, a non-prof that likes to promote classical music to a "late-night" crowd. In their showcase, they tend to have some folk and jazz artists come out as well. So I'll be playing a few songs and as a special treat, my sister Lisa Vidas will be singing with me. Should be lots of fun if you can come out.

Here are details on the gig (click on the image for more info):


Take care everybody. Hope to see you at the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment