Friday, January 9, 2009

Halfway there

Yo. Six days in, six songs written. I'm loving this challenge. I can't wait to tell you all the concept(s) I've chosen for this exercise. I think I may have an entirely new album by the time I'm done with this ... but I won't promise anything yet. I may come up with six final pieces of shit come next week. But if the first six are any indication, then it looks promising.

Since I last posted, I've written two more songs: "May I" and "Father's Day." The first one is really nice. The second one's OK. But I cannot WAIT to let you judge for yourself. MAN, this is exciting.

Thursday was Elvis' birthday. I celebrated by going piano shopping, running some errands, and updating to Logic Pro for my home recording setup, all the while listening to my Elvis playlist. I barely had time for any Elvis movie watching, but I did watch the first bit of Blue Hawaii and caught a special on Biography.

For your reading pleasure, and in honor of the King, here are the songs that compile my Elvis playlist. Suggestions are welcome if you determine a gem that's missing:

(In particular order)
That's All Right
Blue Moon of Kentucky
Baby, Let's Play House
Heartbreak Hotel
Money Honey
Blue Suede Shoes
One-Sided Love Affair
Shake, Rattle And Roll
I Want You, I Need You, I Love You
Hound Dog
Don't Be Cruel
Love Me Tender
Love Me
Too Much
All Shook Up
Mean Woman Blues
Peace In The Valley
That's When Your Heartaches Begin
(Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
One Night
Loving You
Jailhouse Rock
Don't
A Big Hunk O' Love
Stuck On You
It's Now or Never
Such a Night
Are You Lonesome Tonight
Surrender
Blue Hawaii
Can't Help Falling in Love
Rock-A-Hula Baby
How Great Thou Art
I Believe
In The Garden
Take My Hand, Precious Lord
It Is No Secret What God Can Do
The Lady Loves Me
C'mon Everybody
You'll Never Walk Alone
Little Sister
Suspicion
(You're the) Devil In Disguise
Too Much Monkey Business
In the Ghetto
Rubberneckin'
Suspicious Minds
A Little Less Conversation
If I Can Dream
An American Trilogy

Thank you. Thankyouverymuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment