Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy MLK Day

Hope everyone's enjoying their holiday. You know, I think Martin Luther King Day is truly one of those holidays that actually means something. I know a lot of us just think of it as another Monday off, but with the events surrounding us this week, particularly the inauguration of the first African-American president, it's safe to say that this year, Martin Luther King Day bares more significance than President's Day, Labor Day, maybe even Columbus Day (sorry, Chris). So, you know ... enjoy your MLK Day.

I've been sick the past few days, so very little work has been invested on making the demos for the 12 new songs. But I hope to perhaps finish them this week ... I won't put too much work into them. They are demos, after all.

I'm thinking about making these 12 songs into another album. I still have to finish November Sessions and release that this century, but I like the way these new songs fit together. So, I told you what they're about ... album title suggestions are welcome!

Finally saw Frost/Nixon last night. Frank Langella is a rock star. I'm not old enough to remember Richard Nixon in the news, but from all the footage I've seen of him, I think Langella really nailed it. Portraying Nixon in a proud, pompous, and even sympathetic way ... that's pretty hard to pull off. To be able to go from completely despising a character, then kind of liking him, to finally feeling sorry for him is a pretty amazing feat - for the actor, the writers and the director. Everyone was great in this film and I strongly recommend it.

Later kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment